I currently serve as the Sr. Manager of People Operations at InsightSquared where I work with my team to lead strategic programs focused on the growth and development of our employees. I
I’m particularly passionate about career development, diversity, L&D, people analytics, compensation, recruiting, and enabling cross functional strategic structures. I offer a variety of workshops catered towards both individual contributors and people managers in the dynamic startup environment.
People Ops Businesspartnerships
Learning and Development
Sr. Manager, People Operations @ InsightSquared
Sept 2019 - present
• Manage the People Operations Team.
• Created and Manage the InsightSquared Operations Team - This is a team of all managers at Director level and above that execute on key strategic initiatives. I designed this program to empower our next level of leadership to own roadmapping and execution, and transition tactical ownership at the executive level to the director level.
• Manage our Employment Brand Strategy
• Mergers and Acquisitions – Own HR Processes around Acquisitions and Integrations – specifically through the acquisition of Olono in September of 2019.
• Build our strategic people operations roadmap
• Design and Facilitate L&D Initiatives - This includes creating our 5 day manager leadership training program (Leadership Lab), delivering manager and employee workshops such as the NCTI Real Colors Workshop, Unconscious Bias, and building our calendar of events supporting career growth at Insightsquared.
• Manage our compensation strategy
• Manage our performance management program and building career pathways and levels
• Build a culture of engagement and holistic wellness – Work with HR Generalist to build a holistic wellness program that provides monthly activities as well as corporate programs around building holistic wellness. Measure and report back on engagement through eNPS and Company Surveys via CultureAmp.
• Deliver strategic counsel to managers and employees across the organization – This includes serving as a global liaison both for individual contributors and managers around coaching, career development, performance management, etc. Additionally, responsible for managing personnel issues related to performance, compliance, etc.
• Build our diversity and inclusion initiatives – This includes creating our Diversity Task Force, Managing our Squared Women Group (Women Empowerment Group), Triangles (LGBTQ), and People Of Color Groups.
• HR operations, compliance, immigration.
People Operations Manager @ Salsify
March 2018 - September 2019
• Built our strategic people operations roadmap - This includes running executive quarterly business reviews to align on people operations goals, projects, and initiatives with the context of larger business goals.
• Owned our learning and development program - This includes creating our manager leadership training program, delivering manager and employee workshops such as the NCTI Real Colors Workshop, and building our calendar of events supporting career growth at Salsify.
• Managed our compensation strategy – This includes gathering market data, building our compensation bands, and working to ensure that our employees are paid competitively in alignment with our compensation philosophy.
• Managed our performance management program – This includes building career pathways and competencies for every team in our organization, supported by a performance management tool that we implemented to support this exchange of feedback.
• Delivered strategic People Ops counsel to managers and employees across the organization – This includes serving as a liaison both for individual contributors and managers around coaching, career development, performance management, etc.
• Developed programs and processes in support of employee engagement – This includes building our employee recognition program, supporting our various employee groups, and managing our employee engagement survey tool.
• Built our diversity and inclusion program and initiative – This includes unconscious bias manager/individual contributor training, reviewing our job descriptions to expand our talent pool, and working with other organizations to host events at Salsify.
Fortune Magazine 2019:
#11 in Best Workplaces in Technology™ 2019
#24 in Best Workplaces for Women™ 2019
Fortune Magazine 2018:
#47 in Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2018
#22 in Best Small & Medium Workplaces™ 2018
HR Business Partner @ SmartBeat Software
March 2016 - March 2018
• Oversee the execution of key talent management processes such as the annual performance review, succession planning, new hire onboarding, promotions, interviewing, change management and organizational design and development.
• Built out career pathways across the organization that highlighted common tracks of progression, key competencies in each role, and guidance on promotion.
• Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
• Actively identify gaps, and deploy impactful people strategies that enable the organization to mitigate risk, perform effectively, and scale efficiently.
• Performed compensation benchmarking across the organization.
Promoted from HR and Talent Acquisition Specialist in Sept 2016.
Recruiter @ Hubspot
October 2015 - March 2016
• Coordinated, and executed a seamless interview experience.
• Managed communication with candidates, recruiters and other employees to facilitate the recruitment process.
• Embraced HubSpot’s culture code and implemented programs in the Product team to support employee engagement and success.
• Analyzed candidate experience data to improve candidate experience.
• Sourced through LinkedIn and Entelo to find top talent.
Lab Manager @ Harvard Med School/MGH
June 2015 - October 2015
Clinical Research Coordinator for the Program for Research of Implementation and Dissemination of Evidence Based Treatments (PRIDE) for underrepresented communities.
• Project Manager for the lab, managed budget, and wrote grants.
• Onboarding and training for all interns.
• Recruited interns from top tier universities across the country.
• Extensively wrote a number of papers for publication.
• Ensured all needs of study participants are met including client care and service.
• Taught classes and prepared lectures/additional materials on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
• Peer Reviewed Journal Articles.
• Communicated Bilingually and worked with ethnically and racially diverse populations as well as recently incarcerated populations.
Workshops & Trainings
Situational Leadership & Effective Delegation
Managing Conflict and Tough Conversations
Building Trust and Psychological Safety
Giving & Receiving Effective Feedback
North Carolina State University
2011 - 2015
B.A. in Psychology, Minor in Spanish
Summa Cum Laude
Park Scholar: Full ride scholarship including tuition, books, room & board, and enrichment trips and activities.
NIH-IMSD Scholar: National Institutes of Health Institute for Maximizing Student Diversity
Psi Chi Honor Society: NCSU Chapter President
Instructor @ General Assembly
2018 - present
Facilitator of evening workshops:
Freelance Content Writer @ VentureFizz & Inhersight
2018 - 2019
See articles linked in tab above.